Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sinking



There is mud everywhere! We had a lot of rain the other day and now the paddock is wet and muddy. The pasture is wet too. I don't want to let them down to the lower pasture right now because I don't want them to dig it up and destroy any new grass coming in. I feel so bad for Gypsy and Mystic because they don't have much of a dry area to stand in. They come in at night so they have time to be out of the mud and let their feet dry but still, I'm sure all the wet isn't good. There isn't much I can do about it though. I wish that it would just dry out already! It's getting there. Another few days of dry weather and it'll be good. I don't think that's in our forecast though. It looks like more rain is coming.



I feel like such a bad horse mom because I let my horses out in that mud. I can't see any other way though. It's either out in the mud or not out at all and I hate to keep them in. Everything is sinking. The barn, the house, the horses. It's just too wet here. It shouldn't be wet, we live on a hill but yet it's always wet and muddy. Trenches need to be dug and drainage put in. But for now, we must sink until it all dries out.

No comments: