Friday, March 5, 2010

Barn plans

The more I think of building a new barn in place of the old one, the more I like the idea. Of course, money is always an issue but I don't think I need anything super fancy, just something that works. I would like at least 3 stalls, a feed room, a tack room, a grooming/vet/farrier area and maybe overhead hay storage would be nice. My girls are rugged ladies and don't need a high tech barn, they just need a barn. It's me, the silly owner of the girls, that wants nice things.


Now this would be one idea of a layout.


This may be something we could do without fully re-building, but without the strange lone stall in the corner.

I know nothing about building barns and right now I am in the "OMG! Look at this!" phase. It's the dreamer phase. It's easy to sit in front of the computer, drinking a cold beer and dream about how nice things could be. In truth, what I want to do and what I can do may be different things. I'm looking forward to re-building, may it be a full re-build or just a re-model but I want it to be reasonable too. There are some things that are just a must have and other things I don't need.



The more I do my horsey barn homework the more ammenities I find. Wash racks, though nice, not practical in maine and not something I need since I don't show hardcore and don't really need a super clean horse. Heated tack rooms, again, very nice, but why heat another space for leather? These are the things I try to think about.

1 comment:

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

I can't wait to be able to build a barn. I am more excited about getting a barn then my own house!