Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!


That pic was from last year. This year I have been too tired to do much of anything. I got up at 5:30am on Thursday, worked, then had to dj at the club's nightmare before Christmas night, got home at 2:30am got a few hours sleep and then had to get up at 5:30 on Friday morning. We did our Christmas Eve dinner, but never made it to the lobsters. We were all tired. Today, at some point, we will eat them, though I'm still full from all the munchies we've had.

My wonderful boyfriend got me a saddle bridle set for Christmas. I was kinda surprised by that. I saw the box sitting in our room, he had put a blanket on the box to hide it but part of me kept saying to myself that it looked like the perfect saddle sized box. I kept telling myself no, that he would never buy me a saddle, but sure enough, it was a saddle! It's a Spanish style saddle used by bullfighters. It will be perfect for the SCA events I go to.

I know it looks kinda funny, but it's really very nice. I know most people would think it's the worst saddle in the world, but when you do SCA stuff, it's perfect. It fits Gypsy perfect, which surprised me. My boyfriend even proudly announced that it has full quarter horse bars, even though he doesn't know what that means. It was really cute. He was so excited for me to try it on the girls. It really does fit Gypsy perfect, on Doodles it's kinda big. Maybe if she fills out some more it will fit her better. The only problem I have now is that none of the girths I have will go all the way around Gypsy. Gypsy is a barrel, I swear. I'm gonna go to the tack store tomorrow and get a draft girth. I really need to start riding Gypsy again to get her back in shape!

My Mom got me a heated water bucket. I'm really happy about that one too since I'm worried about the girls not drinking enough water. Not having to chip frozen buckets out is going to be soooo soooo nice. I also got some horse and dog books which I'm mega excited about reading, some new sheets and new pjs. Tonight will be a comfy night!

Also, the barn is now done!!! It's been over a year and I'm super happy that it's finally done. I need to take some pics. I need to put batteries in my camera. There are a few finishing touches that need to be added before it's truly done done, but it's mostly all there. Now it's just some more electrical stuff and putting the bars on Doodles stall.

I hope everyone is having a wonderfull and safe Christmas! I will try to post some pics of everything soon. I have lots of time off this week which will be nice since I really need it.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments: