Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My favorite summer things...

In the summer I love the feeling of grass beneath my feet. I love laying in the grass and looking at the stars. I love camp fires. I love the smell of camp fires. I love looking for fire wood for my camp fires. I love camping. I love tiki torches. I love the sound of the insects at night. I love the heat. I love remembering summers past. I love thinking of summers future. I love sitting on my back deck drinking beers and listening to music. I love BBQ. I love swimming in the river. I love canoeing. I love kayaking. I love hot summer nights. I love waling barefoot as much as I can. I love walking out to see the horses in the pasture in my pajamas and bare feet in the middle of the night just to give them a kiss and a carrot. Summers in Maine don't last long enough.

These are just a few of my favorite summer things. There are more, I'm sure, but I can't think of them them all, or put them into words.

No comments: