Friday, August 13, 2010

Going downhill.

Gypsy is not doing so well. I can tell she is in pain by the way she stands and the look in the eyes. There isn't much I can do right now, I'm waiting to hear back from the farrier about some things. Today when I cleaned her feet I could tell it hurt her. She just about tried to lay down on me. I gave her 2mg of bute and I'm hoping that will help some. If the farrier can't help then it is time for another vet visit. I'm hoping she'll come out of this soon. My normal farrier isn't really sure what's going on so she needs to talk with the big guy (the man she trains under)and see what he says. I might need to get the big guy out to have him take a look. I just feel so helpless. My horse is in pain and there isn't anything I can do to fix her. She keeps looking at me as if almost saying "Mom, it hurts, fix this." but I just can't make it better right away. I'm going to buy some old mac boots to help support her front feet, but again, I'm waiting on the farrier's ok before I buy them because I don't want to spend $145.00 on something I don't need or won't be able to use.



These things look like sneakers for horses, and they really pretty much are. They cost more then all of my foot wear combined. I wear $20 boots, my horse gets $145.00 ones. Awesome.

And to top things off, the other day when I rode Doodles, she tossed me and now I have a mega rope burn on my fingers and my elbow is all messed up and I'm in a lot of pain. Lesson learned, wear gloves when riding. In all fairness though, it wasn't Doodles fault. It was my own, I was pushing for something she wasn't ready for and she blew up. Now we are going back to taking it slow. The only major damage done was to my ego (and of course my rope burned fingers and bruised elbow).

No comments: