Tuesday, January 25, 2011

An award?!


So I got the stylish blogger award.I don't see myself as stylish but I guess I have some style, it might not be a GOOD style, but it's a style, right? I'd like to thank the person who gave me this award over at There's a horse outside my window. I'm always surprised that people read my blog and are interested in me and my girls. I started this blog to record Gypsy's training and then later, her recovery from laminitis but it's turned into a little more then that. I love that people read and are interested! It makes me happy.

So anyways, the rules of the award:
1.Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3.Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4.Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

I think I've got the first one done, so now I guess it's 7 things about me.

1. I'm a homebody. I don't go out much. Work and home, that's about it. I like being home and comfy. It's kinda funny since I'm a dj at a goth club and you would think that I'd get out a lot more but with the animals and everything around the farm, it's hard to get out for long.

2. I'm a dj. I spin goth industrial music at a local club. I've been doing it for a few years now and am getting ok at it. I have a few really awesome nights coming up that I'm really looking forward to. One is an out of state venue. I like doing out of state clubs, even if it does go against my "homebody" lifestyle.

3. I work at a pet store. I've worked at a pet store for over 5 years now. I love the animals, but sometimes the people can be awful. Most of the time the customers are great, but once in a while you get a bad one. We don't sell dogs or cats at our store, we recommend going to a shelter or breeder. I wouldn't work at a pet store that sold puppies or kittens. The places stores get those animals are often awful places that don't care about anything but the money and I wouldn't want to support that.

4. I love to eat! I love food! Maybe a little too much sometimes. I try and eat healthy but sometimes that just doesn't happen. I like to make fancy dinners with new recipes whenever I can. I like just about everything, there isn't much that I won't eat.

5. I have a few pet snakes. I got into snakes in high school and ended up with one. It then blew up into a full grown reptile addiction! At one time I had over 30 snakes and reptiles. Now I only have a few. Life in a cold drafty farm house doesn't really allow for snakes. I still like them, but I'm just not as into them as I once was. Maybe someday I'll get back into them like I was, but for now I'm happy with them just being around and pets.

6. I don't ever want kids. The animals are enough and kids just aren't my thing. My boyfriend is ok with this, though I know he would like kids, he knows it's not gonna happen. The animals have become our kids in a way. The dogs and the horses (and snakes even) need us and we provide everything for them. We defend them and protect them, they our family and our children. Human kids are loud, smelly and annoying. Animal kids are cute.

7. I worked as a body piercer in a tattoo shop for a few years. As a result, I ended up with a number of piercings and tattoos. I liked piercing people, it was more like working in a doctors office then a shady tattoo shop. All of the shops I had worked at were clean and well run. Sadly, the money wasn't the best and I couldn't live off of it.

Ok now for 15 blogs. Some of these people already got this award and aren't recently discovered, but I'm going to list them anyhow.

1. Living A Farmer's Life I love her cute Friesian/Quarab Colt and dogs.

2. A Fearsome Beauty Saxony reminds me a little of Doodles.

3. Hoof Prints Of Enzo Enzo is eye candy!

4. Sofie Learns Dressage Sofie is a cute paint.

5. Adventures of the Painted Creek Farm More paints!

6. Five Acres Enough She hasn't updated in a while but still a fun read.

7. All the Pretty Little Horses Another one that hasn't updated in a while, but I LOVE her layout!

8. Bitless horse: Science Vs Tradition I've learned a lot about going bitless from here.

9. Sweet horse's breath Sweet Laz also went through laminitis and is doing well now!

10. Eventing-A-Gogo! Gogo is a star!

11. Green n Green=Black n Blue I think the whole horse world loves Denali and her Mom!

12. Tacky tack of the Day I love me some tacky tack!

13. SOME Pit! A blog devoted to helping pit bulls!

14. Dogs of the ARL How I found and fell in love with my new dog (more on that to come another time)

15. Cedar View Paint Horses Even more paint horses!!!

1 comment:

Muddy K said...

Hey, thanks for the nod. You and me both on the no-kids thing. I've never regretted it, all these years later, and never will.