Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I never thought I would have Paints. I've always had gaited horses, fancy Tennessee Walkers, Spotted Saddle Horses and even a Standardbred. Smooth horses with lots of heart and a super calm temperament. I always liked paints, the colors were neat but they lacked something, they still kind of fall short compared to the gaited breeds in my eyes. I never wanted a Quarter horse or a paint though. Too common. But now I have two paints and yes, I do love them but they still lack that smooth ride that I so love. Don't get me wrong. My paints are smooth horses to ride, but they are lacking something.

When I first started riding, everyone had a Quarter horse, a Paint or an Appy. I never cared for any of them. Once I got my fist paint though, I learned how cool they can be. The slow trot, the neat colors, the lazy "whatever" attitude. Paints ARE neat horses. Imagine my surprise when I learned this!

So now here I am, learning about Paints and stock horse breeds. Something I never thought I would be doing. But things change and ideas change. I'm ok with this. I'm looking forward to my adventure with my new breed of choice.

No comments: