Monday, June 7, 2010

Getting going...on training!

I've been lazy. Lazy with this blog, lazy with working with the horses, I'm making myself snap out of it. I will work with or ride one or both horses everyday. No excuses. None. I want awesome ranch-like horses that are trained to do about anything, I have two green horses. Nothing will get these horses trained to do what I want them to do other then me training them to do it. I can't get them to read a book or anything (though that would be cool) to get them where I want them to be. I have to put the time, sweat and energy into it. Now I can't promise that I'll write every day, but I can promise I'll be working with horses everyday.

My gardens on the other hand are getting lots of attention. Weeding and tending to happen every day. I want fresh tomatoes, potatoes and other veggies so I am working on keeping the gardens good. Now I just need to get myself on track with training for the horses. I have been slacking and it stops now.

I did some groundwork with Gypsy today and she seemed a little lame. They just got their feet trimmed the other day so I am hoping that she is just a little tender footed right now. I'm going to be keeping an eye on that. Her legs seem fine, no puffiness or anything so I'm thinking her feet are bothering her. Or she stepped on a rock or stick. Hopefully it's something little and dumb. Doodles is doing good. The last time I rode her she was great, she is learning so fast. She did get nervous and half heartedly bolted with me, but she stopped when I asked her. She hates the bridle and the bit. She raises her head and it makes it hard for me to bridle her. We need to work on that. I need to get her teeth checked out soon too. That may have something to do with it. Both girls need their teeth looked at.

No comments: