Sunday, January 31, 2010

I confused myself and my horse.

It's cold here in Maine right now! Like in the negative numbers cold. I haven't ridden or really done much of anything with Gypsy until today because of the cold. Today I thought I could get away with a little ground work before I froze into a Popsicle. I worked with her on flexing her neck or carrot stretches and a little bit of yielding both her front and hind end to me. I know she needs some work on the left side, for some reason she hates when I'm to the left of her but is OK with me being on her right. Now with this being completely wrong and backwards, I am trying to get her more comfortable with me on her left. I'm not sure how to fix this other then keep working with her from the left side, which is really where you should be when leading or tacking up a horse. Oh well, small steps I guess. Today was just some small steps in the climb up the mountain. I stopped working with her when I started getting confused myself on a yielding exercise. I couldn't remember if when she's yielding in the front, if she was really placing her feet where they should be. And since I was confused, I was confusing her, so I called it a day. Plus I was cold. I'm looking forward to spring and warmer weather!

I will get some pics next time since today I needed to charge my battery for my little camera

No comments: