Sunday, June 19, 2011

Getting caught up in an already busy summer.


Gypsy has this bad habit of getting out of the paddock everyday. It's been getting annoying. Today, I'd had enough. I revamped the fence and it works again. Take that mare! Just to drive the point home, when she was standing near the fence with her fat white nose, I kinda pushed the fiber glass fence post into her face so the wire hit her nose. She got the point very quickly. She now respects the fence again. It may be mean, but damn it, after weeks of her getting out almost everyday it felt so good to watch her get zapped, even if it was by my doing.

Our rides have been going ok, except that Gypsy has this new thing of not wanting to stand still while being mounted. I've been working on it with her and teaching her that standing still is a good thing. She's kinda getting it, but not really. It's just going to take more time I think. Other then that, Gypsy is coming along nicely. She still has a lot to learn, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere with her now.

Doodles is doing amazing. She's been cantering on the correct leads and and really responding to my every cue. I love love love that mare.

Things have been busy here. There's always the animals to take care of and now I've got the gardens in full swing. We had our first garden greens in a salad today and it was wonderful. I can't wait for tomatoes and peppers!






It's just so nice being able to grow our own food and enjoy the land. I'm so thankful for the way the farm has turned out and to be able to live this lifestyle. It's a lot of work, but it's worth it. I enjoy living the simple life.

I wish I could blog more, but truly I've been busy doing things around the farm and of course, work. I always say I'll write more next time but I never am able to. I also never know what to write as I'm writing it, if that makes any sense. I can think of tons of things to blog about when I'm not sitting in front of my computer but as soon as I see this screen, my mind goes blank. I have no idea why. At least I have pictures this time!

I'm so behind on everyones blogs. I try to read as many as I can but I just can't seem to stay on top of them all. My computer has been a bit of a pain in the butt lately so it's been hard to read them when I can't get the pages to load.

Anyways. That's all for now. At this point I won't even promise to make another post anytime soon since we all know how that goes.

No comments: