Monday, September 16, 2013

Meh.

I've gotten back into the saddle a bunch this month, which is nice. I've decided that no matter what, I will go out and ride at least 5 days a week. Gypsy has been getting the most out of these training rides and has been doing quite well. We're still not ready for far and away trail rides, but I feel like we are getting closer to that. Today I went out to ride like I have been in the morning before work and found that both horses are lame. I'm guessing abscesses. It's that time of year again. So my ride has to wait for another day and training is again at a standstill. Some things don't change and the abscesses my horses get are one of those things. Thankfully it seems to only happen in the fall so it's only once a year I have to deal with them. It's still a big pain in the bum. Soaking feet, wrapping, re-wrapping, more soaking. Yuck. I work too much to be able to deal with these things on an easy level I hate soaking horse feet at 11:00 at night. It's even better when I have two horses to do because it takes that much more time. Someone tell me again why I like owning horses? Sorry for the short blog today but I find I have to ease myself back into writing like one eases into an ice cold pool.

No comments: