Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One last storm, hopefully.



It's snowing again. It was nice for a few days, like in the 70's nice, but the first full day of spring brings us hopefully the last snow of the season. We had a lot of melting and did lose a lot of snow because of it, I'm hoping this storm we're having now doesn't drop too much on us. I don't even have the plow on the truck.

My tack room needs a cleaning. It's gotten cluttered after a long winter. I can't find anything in there because it's all buried under something else. Cleaning my tack room and sorting tack is on my list of things to do.



Eeek! Scary!

Time to clean out the empty grain bags that I was going to make shopping bags out of (like I can sew, Ha!) and get rid of that damn carpet that for some reason made it in there.

Gypsy is covered in mud. She needs a good grooming, in fact, they both do.

On one of our nice days I did hop on Gypsy bareback and took and little ride around the property. She was good, but did throw a mini tantrum and gave me a few tiny bucks to sit to. She gave up after a bit and then happily carried me around for a little while.

Gypsy has a crack in her right front hoof that I need to keep an eye on. It seems fine now, but I want it to stay fine. Her abscess spot on her right hind is growing out. Other then those few little things, her feet look good. Doodles fronts look a little pancakey to me. The farrier is coming out in a week or two so it will be taken care of. I could call her and have her come sooner, but I don't see why. I think it's just a case of the remission that I just started giving Doodles (Gypsy has been on it since October) making her feet grow faster.


"Oh hai! What do you want?"
I'm a big meanie for keeping the girls out in the snow today. They came in wet and muddy. Poor Doodles looks like a rescue case in that picture. Time to subject both horses to a good grooming session. The winter woolies are starting to shed. Spring is on it's way but winter had to throw this one last punch in.

No comments: